Skip to main content

A Deep Word on Humility

Okay, so I don't mean DEEP like you're thinking! :) I find that the most simplest of truths are deep in nature. But this one is both simple and deep.

I was journaling about humility and I simply asked the Lord this:


    Do I have a humble spirit?

What is humility, child?


Well, I’d say it You: willing to take the low seat, to serve...but still so strong in character. It’s not weakness…it’s preferring others in true love, in serving them from the nature of the heart and not duty.

You have answered well, child. And speaking of well…look at this well.( I see me and Jesus at a well! ) Its depths are truly deep, are they not?


They are, Lord. I can see deep down into darkness. Now I see Jesus and me on a rope, descending deep inside the well with spelunking lights on our heads and flashlights and picks in our hands. Where are we going, Lord?

I want to show you the depths of humility, child. It is linked into the heart of a man, in the well of the spirit. It is a nature that only I can work. It is not in your fallen nature by any means, but it is a vein of gold…one hidden deep within the spirit man that I call forth and work up to the surface. Much like this well has this bucket to pull things out of the depths, so is humility drawn out of the heart of a man from the depths of the spirit. It is brought to the surface by those who pull the rope. Sometimes, it is the thirstiest, most needy people who will ‘pull on your rope’ for water to drink. Remember, I am the source of living water in you and I am MEEK and LOWLY in HEART! It is easy to pull on your own rope and toot your own horn
J but true humility offers itself as a drink offering to the thirsty and the haughty alike. It’s a call to ‘whoever is thirsty’ to come and drink of your very LIFE, child. This is humility…to offer yourself as I did, as a living sacrifice, a drink offering for the masses or for the one annoying man.

Lol! Too funny, Lord. It is that one who pulls on the rope that can annoy me and bring up a different kind of reaction. :)


This is why I’ve brought you into the depths of the well, child, so that you can see the importance of keeping your water pure.


Kind of like the old western movies of ‘stryktnyne’ being in the well? ;)


Yes! Exactly like that! See, theses waters are muddied deep down. Muddied by bad attitudes or transitions in life that left people sour. But with a touch of my hand…(Jesus touches the water)…and a picking away at the source of the problem…(I see Jesus has me pick away at a big muddy clod that is built along the wall and polluting the water…it falls in his hands)…if you allow me to work at the depths of the heart and remove the problem…shining MY LIGHT (the flashlights!) on the issue, I can remove it and change a man’s nature.



Wow! That’s awesome! And now the waters are clean!


Yes! This is how humility works, or anger issues, or problems of the heart that cause confusion and doubt…it’s all inside, the depths of the spirit.


Beautiful, Lord!





So, there you go! A deep truth about humility...it comes from the depths of us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Talking With My Mouth Full

This morning, I am praying for wisdom, instruction, discernment, and understanding. I am looking at Proverbs 1:1-7 and asking for all that is hidden there. Lord, I ask for eyes to see and ears to hear. While praying for ears to hear his voice of wisdom and instruction & eyes to see him display it, my vision was filled with a table spread before me. God has put before me a table filled with wisdom and knowledge, delicacies of council and instruction, plates piled with justice and judgment. His face is smiling and it beckons me to 'come and dine.' Once again, the idea that we have been given all things (2 Peter 1:3; 1 Cor 3:21) is presented to me. That includes all wisdom! Paul prayed in Col 1:9-10, 'that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.' Jesus himself promised that the Holy Spirit would lead us into all truth (John 16:13). Now, as I sat pondering this beautiful spread before me, I didn't stop there: ...

Christmas Keys

My hands delicately touched the ivory keys. In reverent solace, I took a deep breath as I sat in the darkness of this unfamiliar house. Slowly, I began to let my fingers flow with the emotions I was feeling. It had been months since I had sat at a piano. But this piano was nothing like the one I had known before: this piano was a perfectly tuned Baby Grand, worth thousands of dollars. The piano I had know - my piano - was an old out of tune spinet that I had purchased at a yard sale for $50. And in that moment, as my fingers danced across the meticulously cared for ivory, I realized how deeply I missed my old out-of-tune friend. It was a feeling that came unexpectedly, this grief. It startled me. So, I quickly stuffed it down inside of myself and shook it off as nonsensical. But as warm tears began streaming down my cheeks while I played this Grand, I soon realized that this was an emotion I could no longer deny: I was grieving the loss of my piano. The loss of my piano had come a...

If Your Eyes Are Bad....So Is Your Mouth

This morning I was praising God and thanking him for the advancement of His kingdom. What a day and hour in which we are living! God is moving all over the globe in demonstrations of power and might. I am amazed at the reports I hear from various ministries and individuals about what God is doing in our day. While pondering this, my heart was led to a friend of mine who tends to speak negatively about the church. Now, I will confess: there is a lot of stuff in church that is disorderly, rotten, and just plain discouraging. It's easy to see the problems and to feel like the church is perishing, especially if the environment one is in personally is NOT seeing the advancement of the Kingdom as desired. This view point usually leads people to talk about 'the remnant' in Christianity; how only a few will really stand in the last days. Is my friend and people in this camp not seeing what I see? Do they not see that His Spirit will be poured out on all flesh? Do they not see that ...