Skip to main content

Appointed...not Disappointed

So I was praying and journaling with God today, asking him to show me any attitudes in me, whether good or bad, that effect me. The Lord began to show me that weariness can be an attitude that creeps up in me. Most ministers can heartily agree with me that weariness can suddenly hit you. The Lord showed me something, however, that really opened my eyes today:
                                                                                                                 

Weariness feels overwhelming and depressing, a ‘hands hanging down’ kind of feeling, Lord. It can come all at once sometimes.

It is connected to your disappointment, child. This can be the attitude, the source of the weariness.

I can see that. HOPE must be the answer…cause HOPE doesn’t disappoint J

And child, I AM hope! I am your hope. I am hope at all times. I know the plans I have for you…the appointments, if you will…so I cannot be dis-appointed…and neither can you. You will reach the appointment. You are not dis-appointed from any good and perfect gift or calling I have for you. They are all settled in the heavens with my Word over you, spoken over you, sung over you, child, from your birth. Keep this in mind the next time disappointment comes in like a flood…say ‘I am not dis-appointed from my calling!’

Disappointment is nothing more than the enemy trying to get you to believe that ‘everything failed’ and ‘nothing’s worked out’. Child, I can take what he means for bad…even the worst situation and turn it into something beautiful and good. Your appointment, your destiny will never be changed. There is NO dis-destiny J. You are called to hope, to a bright future with the Morningstar rising over you. Do not buy into the lie that things didn’t work out. Trust in me.



So, yeah! Disappointment is nothing more than the enemies lies. I am MORE than a conqueror through Christ! No weapon formed against me will prosper! I overcome Satan by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony. And my testimony today is, "I am not dis-appointed from my calling! My destiny is sure!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Keys

My hands delicately touched the ivory keys. In reverent solace, I took a deep breath as I sat in the darkness of this unfamiliar house. Slowly, I began to let my fingers flow with the emotions I was feeling. It had been months since I had sat at a piano. But this piano was nothing like the one I had known before: this piano was a perfectly tuned Baby Grand, worth thousands of dollars. The piano I had know - my piano - was an old out of tune spinet that I had purchased at a yard sale for $50. And in that moment, as my fingers danced across the meticulously cared for ivory, I realized how deeply I missed my old out-of-tune friend. It was a feeling that came unexpectedly, this grief. It startled me. So, I quickly stuffed it down inside of myself and shook it off as nonsensical. But as warm tears began streaming down my cheeks while I played this Grand, I soon realized that this was an emotion I could no longer deny: I was grieving the loss of my piano. The loss of my piano had come a...

Talking With My Mouth Full

This morning, I am praying for wisdom, instruction, discernment, and understanding. I am looking at Proverbs 1:1-7 and asking for all that is hidden there. Lord, I ask for eyes to see and ears to hear. While praying for ears to hear his voice of wisdom and instruction & eyes to see him display it, my vision was filled with a table spread before me. God has put before me a table filled with wisdom and knowledge, delicacies of council and instruction, plates piled with justice and judgment. His face is smiling and it beckons me to 'come and dine.' Once again, the idea that we have been given all things (2 Peter 1:3; 1 Cor 3:21) is presented to me. That includes all wisdom! Paul prayed in Col 1:9-10, 'that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.' Jesus himself promised that the Holy Spirit would lead us into all truth (John 16:13). Now, as I sat pondering this beautiful spread before me, I didn't stop there: ...

If Your Eyes Are Bad....So Is Your Mouth

This morning I was praising God and thanking him for the advancement of His kingdom. What a day and hour in which we are living! God is moving all over the globe in demonstrations of power and might. I am amazed at the reports I hear from various ministries and individuals about what God is doing in our day. While pondering this, my heart was led to a friend of mine who tends to speak negatively about the church. Now, I will confess: there is a lot of stuff in church that is disorderly, rotten, and just plain discouraging. It's easy to see the problems and to feel like the church is perishing, especially if the environment one is in personally is NOT seeing the advancement of the Kingdom as desired. This view point usually leads people to talk about 'the remnant' in Christianity; how only a few will really stand in the last days. Is my friend and people in this camp not seeing what I see? Do they not see that His Spirit will be poured out on all flesh? Do they not see that ...