Skip to main content

Isaiah 55 - A Promise for My Family

Come -

Out of your barrenness and into full life.
Out of your poverty and into supply.

For the thirsty there is water that never will run dry.
For the poor there is a treasure room without a lock or price.

All your fruitless searches and all your efforts failed
will find full satisfaction when you rest behind the Veil.

Why do you run and fritter on what cannot satisfy?
Listen now and eat what's good - My words will feed your life.

Yes, listen and believe Me. Oh, hear My words and live!
Feast on every promise for abundance they will give!

A season is now coming-a grace upon your ear.
An inclining to My Spirit, a grace for you to hear.

Grace for you to hear Me. Inclining now begins.
My Spirit is now calling and you shall hear, My friend.

A new day is now dawning; there's a'blowing in the wind.
My Spirit breeze will move you to where you've never been.

My promise is unfolding, though now hidden from your eyes.
Trust me and believe that I will make your cause arise.

Every thought I have about you is countless and is sweet.
It is higher than your vision now, but I will make both soon to meet.

I will bring you up to see My view. I will show you what I've planned.
From the moment you were born, My child, your life was in My hands.

As rain comes down from heaven and waters every seed,
so shall My Spirit cause My word inside you to succeed.

My promise is eternal. It will not fade away.
You'll be led in peace and My joy will be your strength from day to day.

Yes, my promise it will prosper in the rich soil of your heart.
It will not fail but will raise you up with a wealthy, sure, fresh start.

So lean in a little closer. I am speaking in the wind,
"Grace, Grace to hear me! The promise now begins!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Keys

My hands delicately touched the ivory keys. In reverent solace, I took a deep breath as I sat in the darkness of this unfamiliar house. Slowly, I began to let my fingers flow with the emotions I was feeling. It had been months since I had sat at a piano. But this piano was nothing like the one I had known before: this piano was a perfectly tuned Baby Grand, worth thousands of dollars. The piano I had know - my piano - was an old out of tune spinet that I had purchased at a yard sale for $50. And in that moment, as my fingers danced across the meticulously cared for ivory, I realized how deeply I missed my old out-of-tune friend. It was a feeling that came unexpectedly, this grief. It startled me. So, I quickly stuffed it down inside of myself and shook it off as nonsensical. But as warm tears began streaming down my cheeks while I played this Grand, I soon realized that this was an emotion I could no longer deny: I was grieving the loss of my piano. The loss of my piano had come a...

Talking With My Mouth Full

This morning, I am praying for wisdom, instruction, discernment, and understanding. I am looking at Proverbs 1:1-7 and asking for all that is hidden there. Lord, I ask for eyes to see and ears to hear. While praying for ears to hear his voice of wisdom and instruction & eyes to see him display it, my vision was filled with a table spread before me. God has put before me a table filled with wisdom and knowledge, delicacies of council and instruction, plates piled with justice and judgment. His face is smiling and it beckons me to 'come and dine.' Once again, the idea that we have been given all things (2 Peter 1:3; 1 Cor 3:21) is presented to me. That includes all wisdom! Paul prayed in Col 1:9-10, 'that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.' Jesus himself promised that the Holy Spirit would lead us into all truth (John 16:13). Now, as I sat pondering this beautiful spread before me, I didn't stop there: ...

If Your Eyes Are Bad....So Is Your Mouth

This morning I was praising God and thanking him for the advancement of His kingdom. What a day and hour in which we are living! God is moving all over the globe in demonstrations of power and might. I am amazed at the reports I hear from various ministries and individuals about what God is doing in our day. While pondering this, my heart was led to a friend of mine who tends to speak negatively about the church. Now, I will confess: there is a lot of stuff in church that is disorderly, rotten, and just plain discouraging. It's easy to see the problems and to feel like the church is perishing, especially if the environment one is in personally is NOT seeing the advancement of the Kingdom as desired. This view point usually leads people to talk about 'the remnant' in Christianity; how only a few will really stand in the last days. Is my friend and people in this camp not seeing what I see? Do they not see that His Spirit will be poured out on all flesh? Do they not see that ...